The major of Real Estate Development and Management was originally established as the major of Land Resource Management in 2002 and began to enroll undergraduates in 2018.
Cultivation Goals: Our major is designed to meet the demands of socialist modernization construction and cultivates talents who are all-around development of moral, intellectual, physical, aesthetics and labor education and have good professional virtue, innovative ability and international vision. Students need to acquire basic knowledge related to real estate development and management, including engineering technology, economics, management, law and information, professional knowledge and skills, as well as relatively excellent comprehensive quality, practical and teamwork ability. They are high-quality applied talents who can engage in all process management of real estate development, project planning, valuation consultation, brokerage services, property management, asset operation, real estate data analysis, etc.
Main courses: Real estate finance, Real estate appraisal, Real estate investment analysis, Real estate marketing planning, Real estate market survey and research, Real estate development and operation, Design and R&D of real estate products, Commercial real estate operation and management, Property and asset management, Real estate brokerage management and practice, Urban land management, GIS and urban big data, Real estate management information system, Urban renewal, etc.
Specialty characteristics: The objective of this major is to meet the basic knowledge and expertise requirements in engineering technology, economics, management, law and information related to real estate development and management. Moreover, it also combines the future development trend of current social service demand of new urbanization, urban renewal, smart city and industry.
Education & Careers: The graduates are mainly engaged in land investment and development, real estate investment and financing, real estate project planning, real estate development and management, etc. These works mainly for enterprises and institutions, including real estate development enterprises, real estate appraisal consulting companies, housing administration, real estate registration and trading centre, real estate investment or consulting companies, property operation and management companies, etc.
Teaching staff: We have an excellent team of teachers with rich practical experience, strong teaching and scientific research strength, reasonable professional title and age structure, which is composed of professors, associate professors and doctors. There are ten teachers joined in the teaching and research work in our major, including two professors, six associate professors and two lecturers. There are seven teachers with doctoral degrees and three teachers with master's degrees. Four teachers have obtained the practising certificates of national certified real estate appraisers and land appraisers.
Scientific research: In recent years, we have presided over more than twenty financial projects from the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Shandong Natural Science Foundation of China. We have completed more than forty enterprise cooperation and local economic construction service projects. We have published more than 100 scientific papers, including SCI, EI and Chinese core journals, edited three textbooks and published three academic monographs.
Contact information for consultation:
(1) Ping Guo, 13573284750 (2) Xuexin Zhu, 13665325535
Internship and practice aspects:
(1) Practice Guarantee and University-Enterprise Cooperation: We have signed cooperative internship bases with some companies, such as Greenland Spring Group Qingdao Company, Qingdao Millennium Big Data Emerging Industry Co., Ltd., Qingdao Xiyuan Real Estate Land Appraisal Cost Consulting Co., Ltd., Qingdao Best Real Estate Appraisal Co., Ltd.. Furthermore, we have signed a university-enterprise cooperation alliance strategy with the E-House China Co., Ltd., which provides students with internship opportunities in major real estate enterprises during holidays or internships.
(2) Competition and Award-winning: We have made remarkable achievements in the National Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for College Students, and the various competitions in our major. In 2020, we won the special prize in the National College Students Real Estate Planning Competition, which is parallel to Chongqing University. There are only two awards nationwide.
(3) Face-to-face meetings with graduates: We invite outstanding graduates and real estate executives to hold alumni exchange meetings and academic salons in the real estate industry every year.
(4) Rich Internship Activities